7 Simple SEO Tips
SEO does not have to be complicated. Here are seven simple tick needs, which you can directly use on your website,
in order to improve your on-site optimization:
- Use your main keywords (for example "sailboats")
twice in the title tag and at least once in every header tag.
This makes it easy for every search engine to determine the main topic of your website.
Additionally, the title tag is mostly displayed in the search results, therefore it makes sense,
to make it possibly descriptive and catchy ( example: " the best sailboats in Switzerland").
- Avoid Flash and image links. This may look good, but for search engines it is not recognizable and therefore
defacto worthless. Simple text links with your important keywords in the anchor text are ideal.
- Use a descriptive domain name, which contains your main keywords (example "sailboatsswitzerland.ch").
Is a major bonus for the Google ranking to have the important keywords in the domain.
- Use a lot of internal links. Every page of your website must be reachable from the homepage with a maximum of two clicks,
or from some other page. This significantly increases the chances for complete indexing through Google.
- Write 5-10 complex, interesting and original articles to the main topic of your website,
and link to them directly from the home page. This will immediately make you different than the hundreds of simple
"web presence" websites out there, because Google likes specialized and unique texts very much.
- Strategically use bald, italic or underlined text in order to emphasize important keywords.
- Without pictures, use Alt- and Title-Tags
with meaningful and matching keywords. Board more people are searching for images - this additional source of traffic
should not be neglected.